Health concerns can be complicated. With so many healthcare providers involved, sometimes the team needs a quarterback. Having a seasoned physician with vast experience take the time to look over all the records and make recommendations could help speed recovery and clear up confusion.
Why is this important? Here’s a short list of reasons:
- Identifying drug/drug, drug/supplement, and drug/food interactions can be a life saver.
- Reviewing the medication list and crossing it with symptom list may warrant changes that improve quality of care and quality of life.
- Looking for possible missed diagnoses can give peace of mind.
- Taking time to listen to the patient can often tell the physician more than written record.
- Meeting with family members can help get everyone on the same page in understanding the diagnosis and prognosis.
- Reviewing the entire body as a whole, not just segmentally, can ward off future complication.
- Extensive review of ALL medical records
- Discussions if needed with specialists
- Research of condition and new therapies, including research studies
- A full report on status and recommendations going forward